Sunday 31 July 2011

Why do I do this to myself?

Today, I thought I'd update firefox. It's been awhile, and I thought maybe I could skirt around some of the Livejournal issues by updating. Instead, I get a note saying the new version isn't compatible with the aol toolbar that I like to use, and it made one big mess. I ended up restoring my system on a back-date but got the surprise of my life when I returned to the browser only to find no back arrow/refresh button. I managed to fix it thanks to a quick goggle search, but now I find myself having to re-visit all my regular spots to get them back into the memory. The computer kept the bookmarks, but not the history of said bookmarks ect...and might I add, now spell check is on for my every post. How annoying is this little glitch?

The bonus? My "fix" didn't help with LJ--the pics are now only posting at the bottom of each entry, despite putting my cursor elsewhere. They certainly are making it easy for me to kick that particular habit and stay over in this neck of the woods.

These are the kind of time wasters I want a guy around for. Computer fixing, TV hook-up, and the heavy lifting. :-)

ETA: I figured out the Livejournal photo glitch..Now to turn off this %%$$ spell checker that insists on underlining everything in red. Any ideas? Seems to be associated with re-installing my browser (Firefox 3.5) and the system turning it on automatically. Useful, but annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment