Wednesday 27 July 2011

Water, a girl's best friend...

Apr. 13th, 2011 | 12:00 pm
mood: dirty dirty

So, my water is going to be shut off for half a day to fix a pipe in the building. The problem? They got a late start (I suspect they had trouble finding the culprit) My guess? Half a day will quickly turn into a full day. It doesn't sound like a big deal; until you realize you can't brew coffee or take a quick shower or you know, wash your hands. (Thank goodness for anti-bacterial hand sanitizer) In the end, I'm grateful that the leak isn't actually in my unit (a refreshing change) dousing my posessions and generally causing a headache. I suppose I can take comfort in knowing that if I can't hose myself off, neither can my neighbours and we'll all stink up the place together:-)

In the end, it makes me appreciate the art of indoor plumbing. There, I said it, plumbers rock. Can I have my water back now? Please?

Yeah, didn't think so. <sigh>

Dirty in Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment