Wednesday 27 July 2011

Moving in to the 21st Century...

May. 16th, 2011 | 12:32 am

Another lazy weekend of doing pretty much nothing. I'm getting way too good at this. For eight and a half years, I was a slave to dial-up. Three hours to download a much-needed file, an hour for a music video, twenty minutes for a single picture. Now, I sit in front of a high-speed screen and it's my virtual playground.

It's going from a slow crawl to break-neck speed, a marathon to a sprint. it's no wonder I'm infatuated, but I must admit, I must say it here, I'm an addict. Everything at my fingertips, fueled by my love of a good research project, I'm having way too much fun looking up, well, everything.

My Christmas present to myself was well worth it, and well-earned. Do you know how much ridicule I was forced to endure when  people found out  I was STILL on dial-up? "Are you enjoying 1975 Cindy?" No, I didn't enjoy it, but I've always had trouble justifying spending money on myself. I don't know why, but there it is. I'm so glad I caved and moved into this century. I appreciate every second of it. I appreciate big files, big pictures, big sounds. WORTH EVERY PENNY. I am a slave to dial-up no more. The downside? I'm HERE, AGAIN, when I should be cleaning my very messy house. If only I could become a slave to my vacuum cleaner. Yeah, not going to happen.

Maybe I can research a good cleaning company...

No comments:

Post a Comment