Wednesday 27 July 2011

A few cute kitty icons...


Mar. 25th, 2011 | 10:07 pm


What would my journal be without a few cute cat pictures? I decided not to go with the predictable "Buddy" pics. There are so many cat pictures around the net, and seeing the Garfield cartoon picture, reminded me how much I used to love to watch that show on Saturday mornings. I mean does it get any better than a sarcastic Garfield, a silent but eager to please Odie, and a frazzled Jon as he tries to keep up with the mischievous  duo?

Let us not forget the ridiculiously cheesy Christmas special as the three pack themselves off to Grandma's house for a good old fashion family hoedown. Classic. Garfield calmly sitting on a reflective Grandma's knee (Garfield brought her old love letters from Grandpa after finding them in the garage) while alternately plotting tricks and treachery.

I can tell you that in eighteen years the only thing Bud ever learned to fetch was his sponge ball. I got sick of chasing them all as they rolled under the furniture, so, over the years, I taught both my cats to bring them back to me. (and it usually only happened about thirty percent of the time) so good on Garfield for finding the letters, knowing what they were, and astutely carrying them back to Grandma. There's a cat with a good learning curve!

How did I get on this topic again? Right, nostalgia and a new icon...





No comments:

Post a Comment