Wednesday 27 July 2011

Okay, this journal experience just keeps getting more interesting...

Mar. 27th, 2011 | 12:49 am
mood: weird weird

I noticed that live journal has a "classified" section under LJ extras. Now, as usual, I have a couple of pairs of tickets to sell, so I meander over to the the categories/listings for my city, only to discover that the whole board is in Russian, Yes, that's right, Russian.  At first I thought I just hit the wrong button and somehow changed the language setting. Nope. All cities/all listings, in Russian. This is no small mistake. Maybe it's the LJ "challenge of the week." If you crack the Russian code, you get to place an ad and sell something; do it in two minutes or less, and you get two listings!

That said, I'm happy to report that Russian commerce is alive and well, full-on democracy has taken hold and they have just as much crap to sell as the rest of us!

Have I mentioned that this place is weird??

P.S. LOL at my "squished" title at the top of my entry. Clearly, thanks to my journal format choice, journal titles must be short and sweet to have any chance of looking "normal."

Oh well, clearly it's another little "quirk." Stay tuned, I'm sure there's more to be found around here. I heard a rumour that they switch all the ads over to Swedish at 5am:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment