Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mother's Day Swan Song

May. 8th, 2011 | 05:23 pm

It is an absolutely gorgeous day here, somehow appropriate for Mother's Day. I must say, I'm feeling even more lost without my "kids" today, as I will always think of myself as their "Mommy." My own Mom and I made it to two spots popular for swans, and didn't we see two sets of swans taking turns sitting on nests. No doubt the little ones are due soon, one of the proud Papas was happy to chase off anything that got close to his mate (and by close I mean he had cornered half of the lake and decided that other birds/ducks weren't allowed.)

I never get tired of watching stuff like that, nature at work I guess you would say. The babies will draw huge crowds and cameras alike as keen nature watchers capture the birds on film (old timer expression:-)) almost from their first breath. Some will make it, some won't as dictated by Mother Nature, but in the end, I'm grateful to be a part of it all.

It's a tough job being a Mom. You struggle to make good choices, hope you made the right ones, pray it all works out. But in the end, good and bad, you wouldn't trade it for the world because there's something to that one little word, something sacred. You are entrusted with a life (person or animal) and given a huge responsibility. In the end, they leave the nest, fly off to test their wings but when all is said and done, they're still you're babies, the ones to teach you the most important lesson of all, unconiditional love. Is there anything sweeter? I can't think of a better swan song.

Love you Buddy and Kasey! xoxo

Forever,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment