Wednesday 27 July 2011

You know it's summer when...

Jun. 1st, 2011 | 04:35 pm

It's no secret that it hasn't felt like summer around here. Cold, rainy, just all around yuck.  Well, the sun has made an appearance the last few days, first only a peak, then a friendly hello, now a "bam" you do remember I bring humidity too, right?  But the clencher, the proof that summer is truly here...Hutch's is on summer hours. Yay!

What's Hutch's you ask? It's a hole in the wall fish and chip place down by the water (Lake Ontario) that has been around forever. Deep fried everything. So bad for you, but so darn good. A friend of mine is going down there today, and with that little note on facebook, reminded me what I love so much about summer.

Watching sailboats glide past while you munch on a crispy fry, watching a toddler discovering sand for the first time, then promptly landing on their butt as they quickly surmise that it's not so easy to walk in. Sticking your toes in the water, skipping rocks, the jet skis, oh the jet skis. They look like so much fun. I think this may be the summer I have to rent one for an hour, go for a spin, ride a wave. Purple I think, I enjoy a good purple. Cindy with her cool black glasses, her cool new hat, and a purple jet ski. Bring it on. I do love the look of that crystal blue water, all sparkly and new after a long winter. Don't fall in though, it's still cold and Cindy can't swim. I better stay up on the pretty purple jet ski.

Food, water and a nice ride. Does it get any better than that? Ice cream. Don't forget the ice-cream. Chocolate Peanut Butter melting down the cone, a chocolate river, snaking down my fingers, yes, summer has finally arrived.

http://www.hutchsonthebeach.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment