Wednesday 27 July 2011

Let it Snow, let it Snow, Let it Snow...

Apr. 17th, 2011 | 05:46 pm
mood: cold cold

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Is it December? It seems Mother Nature thinks so, because there are GREAT BIG snowflakes falling outside. So, while I'm shoving loads of fresh strawberries and delicious sweet cream into my mouth, I'm gazing out the window at blowing snow.

I was treated to breakfast this morning and I have to tell you, ripe strawberries on a nice, fluffy waffle is an enjoyable way to start the day. (The company wasn't bad either) but the snow and the blustery, winter wind ripping through my jean jacket? Yeah, so not cool, or Spring like.

Where are you Spring? Did you take a wrong turn? Can I offer you a map? You must be around here somewhere. We'd love to have you. The restaurant patios anxiously await your arrival, bodies, frozen by the chill of winter, ache to feel the heat of the sun. Come on already. We've endured your snow and ice, wind and rain, where's the balance? Tit for tat, zing and zang, it's only fair.

Let's hope these April "showers" bring May flowers because we could use the colours. Patchy, wet ground with a side of mush, is getting to be a bit much.

My next  strawberry waffle better be enjoyed under a patio umbrella as it blocks me from some scorching sun rays, if not, I'm taking names, and I'll start with Mother Nature.

Hope SPRINGS enternal!


No comments:

Post a Comment