Wednesday 27 July 2011

So they say it's the first day of Spring...

Mar. 21st, 2011 | 11:09 pm

You could have fooled me. Seriously? A snow storm is on the way, this is NOT Spring. This weather better not follow me to Europe.

London is our first stop. We are actually getting there a couple of days before the cruise starts. We wanted to give ourselves time to get over the jetlag (and any number of other things that could potentially go wrong) so we booked ourselves into this cute little bed and breakfast house in Horley. It's five minutes from the Gatwick airport and sounds really appealing. It's known as Southbourne Guest House and we are staying in an accessible room. (I figured being able to shower was a plus) If you look it up, you'll see it's orange brick with green trim. I personally think the outside is a bit of an eye sore, but Mom thinks it's "quaint."

It's an older couple that runs it, and from the sounds of the previous guest reviews, they love what they do and are more than willing to give you travel tips/help you find your way around.

We get to the house by about 9:30am. This is when I'm hoping they will let us check in early and take a much needed nap. I truly don't expect to be able to sleep on the plan. I'm a night owl by nature and flying late into the evening will just get my juices flowing as my adreniline pumps on all cylinders weeding out terrorists and listening to the roar of the jet engines (Was that a rattle or a hum I just heard.) Yeah, not to resful so, I hope the owners take pity on us and let me catch some winks before we rev up the vacation engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment