Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sometimes you just get a little help when you need it...

As you now know, Mom and I qualified for a three week Paris trip. Previously, I had gotten through to this station ONCE in six months and Mom, well, I think she got in about three times last year...

Fast-forward to this morning, the LAST day to qualify for the trip....I call in again saying "Come on Grandpa help me out again, improve our odds."

The phone rings. The D.J. answers, I get the answer wrong. I'm so disappointed and a feel so bad because I know I blew a chance at doubling our chances...or did I?

Wait a minute, I KNOW that voice. MOM got in behind me and she knew the answer. Our odds have shot up to 1 in 10.5.

Mom and I never do well with draws, so I truly don't expect to win (although it would be all kinds of AWESOME) but here's the thing---I truly believe my grandfather offered a helping hand because I asked for it. He and I have been strongly connected since his death in different ways, so in that sense, I'm a believer. My Mom is a different story. Ever the practical one, she listens patiently while I go on about how I "spoke" to her Dad, or how he "showed" me something, and I know she doesn't believe a word of it. I'm okay with that, I get it, some people just can't wrap their heads around a "connection" with the "other side." But I tell you what, if he keeps pulling stuff like this, I may just make a believer of her yet! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment