Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas in Reverse...

Okay, finally got the photos working on Mom's end! Yay! to her for finally figuring it out. So first off, let's start with the chocolates we made out of chocolate molds. Admittedly, this is like the third batch, so they look MUCH better than batch one and Mom handled this task on her own so I take NO credit...



Not perfect, but not bad for a first try!


Next, we have Mom's Dickon's village. No clue why we have no pics of this all lit up, but I'm guessing the lights make it harder to see the village as a whole so here we are...




Nice, but does look better lit up, and I prefer it on a countertop instead of on the floor under a window, but that aside it's a very extensive/pretty town, and we got a few deals at the end of the season, so will be adding a few new details next year...



Each year, this German winemaker comes out with a "winter scene" bottle for the holidays. Mom was getting quite a collection and didn't know what to do with them all, so she stuck lights in/around them and came up with this display. Have to say, it was a fav of mine this year.

I'll spare you the Christmas morning pics of each of us, let's just say "not pretty" and move on.

The strawberries and waffles for breakfast were top notch.

They looked something like this...



Only they are missing the candy cane ice-cream that was served a la mode LOL. Yes, we like our sweets!!

It was a quiet morning for the 2 of us, but I think we both enjoyed it. The present that mattered most to me was adopting a polar bear through WWF. Of course, you never truly "adopt" a wild animal, but I like knowing that the donation is helping to preserve his home.

I always miss my kids a little more at xmas because a) It was Kasey's birthday and b) They both loved opening presents. I always loved picking stuff out for them and watching them play with it (or not) on the big day. So, there is forever a void there now, and I miss them terribly.

Mom was off to my aunt's in the afternoon, but not before I scored steak on the bbq and mashed pototoes as my own dinner to enjoy in front of a wide variety of Christmas specials, followed by some seriously good popcorn.

I also managed to finish off a book (the Night Circus) which was frankly, just plain weird!

Anyway, it's nice to get the pics back on track and I'll spare you the Christmas Eve "dinner in a hotel lobby" story because really, it's nothing but sad..lol!

Merry Christmas Readers!

Okay, okay, here's the morning pics..My eye looks sooo bad!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for photos! Those little villages are so much fun to put up. Sometimes almost makes me wish I had one.

    Ha ha. I guess you didn't like The Night Circus. It's definitely weird, but I love it so far. But then I often prefer the unconventional over books that have mass audience appeal. I love that it's so weird!

    The waffles with strawberry look delish! My sister made yummy cinnamon french toast for Christmas brunch.

    ReplyDelete