Thursday 12 January 2012

It's a New Day...

As a few of you know, I had some security issues on my way home from Gatwick airport in London. (My wheelchair set off the alarms for traces of "kit" and a report was made ("Kit" is a word for explosive) . I was concerned about what this could mean for my 2012 travel plans (ie issues with my passport) so when I found Gatwick airport on Facebook, I posted about my experience and asked them who I needed to speak with to find out what steps (if any) I needed to take next.

I was truly shocked when they actually got back to me with a security reps email address and asked me to contact her to "sort things out." Low and behold, doesn't the head of security email me today telling me that "all paperwork regarding this incident has been shredded and you needn't worry about anything concerning your Olympic travel plans." I couldn't believe it. Talk about service, Impressive.. If this had happened in Toronto, I would still be trying to figure out who to contact and they'd be telling me I had to do so in person.

Gatwick Airport was a total mess as it underwent extensive renovations during our trip, but look at it now. They set up a "snow hill" to raise money for two local charities over the holidays. Yeah, Toronto wouldn't be doing this either. Watching this, I remembered why I loved the UK so much, the "small town" feel, present even at an international airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment