Friday 28 October 2011

Here we go again...

So, I had to break down and wear a winter jacket today for a drive to Toronto and I have to tell you, it sucks. I haven't missed the cold one bit, and I'm not looking forward to frigid temperatures for months on end so, shall I offer a house/apartment swap? Seriously, I know I have a couple of friends out there who are all "Rah, rah, go cold" so feel free to speak up and I'll go pack my bags.

On the bright side, I wrestled my thousand dollar cheque out of the radio station's clutches, so my travel account is  looking pretty flush right now; that was, until I started looking at the price increases that seem to be plaguing the travel industry this year, yikes. I can't even believe I'm considering cruising again after I swore it off just a few months ago. This is where you see necessity win out over my bucket list vacation. Convenience and ease play a heavy hand these days, as my mobility level flounders, slipping away at an alarmingly fast clip. You all better start planning my big 4-O bash, because it might take me a while to make it there. :-)

Anyway, the hunt is on to find a little slice of the world I can conquer and say "I've been there and it was so worth it!" Be forewarned friends, Scotland still has this girl's heart, and  it will take something truly special to top her. She was a bonnie lass.

4 comments:

  1. Go to Australia! You can visit the Mitchibeeshi!

    I know you'll get over this way eventually, right? Right??? No hurry though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah was thinking your neck of the woods lookd good sfter the cold this weekend. Is it worth being there for mardi gras or is it better before/after? I'm not really in to the craziness but if it's more events/more to see it might be worth coming then..or just as much to do otherwise? Don't have to do major stuff everyday, would just want a nice sense of the area

    ReplyDelete
  3. plus you know, the shower issue, just buy a hose and take me out back..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus, I live on the 3rd floor, so keep that in mind. The stairs don't seem very crutches-friendly either. If that's a concern you can always wait until I move again, which is inevitable. I think the longest I've stayed in one place is 4 years.

    Some of Mardi Gras if fun. Like King Cakes. I'm not a big fan of parades though, which seems to be what most of it is centered around, at least in this area (they do things differently in other parts of Louisiana), so MG often passes uneventfully for me.

    There are always things happening around here. If you love parades, then MG would be a good time. Otherwise, anytime would probably be good. Although maybe not June-August since it is HOT then.

    ReplyDelete