Thursday 25 August 2011

Thunder and Lightning and Tornados, Oh My!

 Well, poor Barry probably got all of half an hour of his concert in before the weather hit big time in Toronto. If he had stayed on-stage, his short, spiky hair would have been fried by the lightning. I have never seen anything like that in Toronto. The CN tower was stricken hundreds of times by jagged bolts of lightning streaking across the sky.


I'm going to find some pictues and post.


Tornados were reported in the surrounding areas with hail the size of golf balls. It wasn't nearly as bad where I am (an hour away) but it kept me off the computer as I could see all of the electricity running through my modem, frying the whole system.


Pretty amazing that we didn't lose power in my area (thousands of homes did) After the storm moved through, I had to turn on my air conditioner because the humidity was brutal in my tiny apartment. All in all, a pretty interesting night.


The second link listed at the bottom shows the CN Tower taking strike after strike of lightning. Amazing video.





















http://www.blogto.com/city/2009/08/massive_storm_hits_toronto_tornados_reported_across_gta/


CN Tower taking her hits


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3a_8OhpgU

No comments:

Post a Comment