Sunday 4 September 2011

Saying goodbye to the beach

It's been a great summer here. Since we got back from the UK, we've had good weather (in between bizarre storms) and been able to go to the beach a lot. I'll miss the freedom that the colder weather will slowly rob me of, as the snow begins to fall keeping me inside, but at least I'll know we made the most of the sun, the sand and the surf!

Here's a pic of Mom as she sits on our favourite "floatie." Watching her navigate this sucker in the water was too much fun. I'm only sorry I couldn't capture her tackling this thing in the waves as she fights to stay "aboard."  It was too funny watching her roll backward off the thing, struggling to plug her nose in time before hitting the water.

I LOVE being able to stand up alone in the waves thanks to the buoyancy of the water. It's not uncommon to hear me saying "so this is what you "normal" people can do all day, walk everywhere and stand alone. I hope you appreciate it!" It's the little things:-)

Thanks for the memories Port Dover, let's make it a date next year!


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. I had a floaty kinda like that as a kid. I so wish I had a beach nearby. I'd probably be there once a week if I did.

    ReplyDelete