Sunday 11 September 2011

A Day in Toronto, how can you not love this city?

So, we headed out to Toronto in the late afternoon, pre- Keith concert, to enjoy the gorgeous, sunny day. I must confess, it's these kind of days I treasure most of all. Warm, bright sun with just a hint of fall that sweeps in on a gentle breeze as you sit on a patio enjoying an early dinner. We didn't plan on the patio-sitting, though Mom later confessed it was in the back of her mind. It's a restaurant right on the harbour and it's normally overflowing with patio-goers who want to enjoy good food with a great view of the harbour. It was an unexpected treat to find the perfect table and claim it as our own, as we shared a hamburger and some killer french fries. Does it get any better than this?

We saw this "Music Box Dancer" along the boardwalk. Buskers and musicians perform along the strip for change. This was incredibly creative and fun to watch as she twirled atop the box, complete with the sound of the unwinding key as she spun around and had her picture taken with tourists.

Somestimes, it's fun to play tourist in your own backyard!





Mom calls this hair "Cindy needs a haircut hair." I call it my "rocker chick hair" in honour of Keith! :-)






In the winter, the water behind me is an ice rink, in the summer, canoe practice! It's Canada, our weather requires versatility! $4 for 20 minutes on the water. Mom and I figured we would still be going around in circles after our time was up so it was a PASS on this activity! :-)

Better to stuff our faces on the cool patio...











2 comments:

  1. I kinda like the hair. It is a bit rocker chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL me too. It will be a mess when it gets much longer but I like it a bit on the wild side. :P

    ReplyDelete