Monday 10 September 2012

Radio Blues...

I'm glued to my radio these days and it totally sucks. I'm trying to win the same contest Mom and I tackled last year and won $2100 bucks. You have to answer four questions about stuff that has been on the station throughout the day. Simple questions, but gone are the "cheat" blogs we used last year. (Every host had a blog that when you looked closely, revealed the overall theme of their show on any given day (topics/guests/opinions) so you could pretty much wing it and do okay. Now, only one host blogs, while the others choose to have podcasts which aren't avaliable 'til well after contest time. This leaves me listening/taking notes for WAY too much time throughout the day. I thought there was an end in sight when both Mom and I got through today, but the woman answering the phone dumped us both as potential contestants because she wanted a man, how unfair is that?

He crashed and burned. Ended up with nothing, and it was evident that he hadn't had time to listen AT ALL. Makes everyone look silly and I totally would have kicked butt and been done with it all today if she had just taken me in the first place. I'm so tempted to walk away and stop wasting my time but can I really afford to turn my back on that kind of money with the radio landscape changing so much? Probably not. We'll see how much longer I last like this because right now, I'm just over it. Imagine how annoyed I'll be by next week if this doesn't pain out.

Bllllllaaahhhh

p.s. The first three days of London pics have been uploaded with the exception of one longer Big Ben clip (Mom needs to send it to me and her camera transfer cord keeps shorting out so she needs to get a new one) but if you want to "cheat" and see the pics ahead of my journaling, feel free as this process is slower than I'd like this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment