Sunday 8 July 2012

Beach Day and a Bizillion Degrees

Hit Port Dover again this week as Mom was on holidays. So relieved that the beach wasn't teaming with people (as it would have been on Canada Day) It was however, well into the mid-nineties. I love the heat and I do come prepared (suntan lotion, glasses, hat) combined with big-time shade, but I still ended up feeling like I had a touch of sunstroke at the end of the day. Oh well, still worth it! Water was COLD....warm on the surface, but dive underneath and you get a big ol' shot of icy, spine-chilling, "Why am I in here?" kind of cold. This, after taking twenty minutes to get down the sand and into the lake so yeah, I stayed in anyway...



LOL. Close enough!

As a side note, my air-conditioner has been on continuously for the last two weeks. I may need to start taking donations around here as no doubt my next bill will be astronomical. What's a girl to do? It beats the snow! :-)

1 comment:

  1. As much as I love summer activities (swimming, barbecuing, etc.) I HATE the heat. I'm ready for it to be fall already!

    ReplyDelete