Monday 23 July 2012

In for a Pound...

Well, here we go again. Part of me can't believe that Mom and I are doing a repeat performance of London/Scotland/Ireland, but the other part of me knows we worked for it. The radio has once again, been very kind to us (even when Kijiji buyers have not:-))

Honestly, we have been planning this trip for months and now that it's finally here, I think we are both feeling overwhelmed and a little flat coming out of the gate. Traveling with a wheelchair/lugguage/ and one disabled person isn't an easy undertaking let me tell you. It's hard for me watching Mom lug everything around on her own and I know it's exhausting for her, so there's always that bit of guilt that tugs at my soul. :-) I know there's nothing to be done about it (as does she) but it's there nonetheless.

I thought about posting the two places we are staying, plus the ship's itinerary all at once, but I think that gives something away and what fun would there be in that? :P

Okay, this is starting off well, I can't find the link to the first place that we are staying in central London...lol!
(See what happens when Mom does all the bookings?)

I'll add it in later...

Central London 15 minute walk to everything...A couple's guesthouse behind their main house. Mom found this website

http://www.airbnb.com/info/how_it_works

Now she is all about staying in private accomadation. Not my thing, but it's very reasonably priced and the woman works for a London Publishing Company (She's originally from Boston) so I might be able to pick her brain a bit about the publishing game:-) At the very least, I expect her to be a free-spirited creative sort, so we should do okay. If all else fails, there's a well known bakery just above their house. :-)

No specific plans for London outside of the olympic hubbub. Tate Museum? Saturday Market, Harrods? Crazy London streets with no hope of doing any of it? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment