Tuesday 15 May 2012

Mother's Day at the Royal Botanical Gardens

We won brunch at the RBG for Mother's Day. It was a nice spread and afterward, we hit the lilac section of the gardens for a stroll both literally and figuratively. It used to be free to get in, and apparently, I used to love to roll down this steep hill into a valley of purple/blooming trees and crawl back up. I saw that hill, and all I can say is, I was clearly in better shape as a youngin because as much as I wanted to make my way down that incline, I knew it wasn't happening. Memory lane is a wonderful thing, in it, I am young, mobile, quick and love a challenge. If wishes were horses...

Anyway, here's a couple of pics, and oh yeah, a present I bought Mom. NO she isn't keeping it, it's already back where it came from, but it is a standing joke between us as every time we passed one of these things she would try it on and say she wanted one. :-)

She got one and well...



"If it's this cold outside, I think I'll stay inside..." :-)



You can see where I'm going with this...

Anyway, on to the decent pics



1 comment: