Tuesday 29 May 2012

Because I feeling so sensitive about our beloved pets these days...

A couple of months ago, I posted a video about my dream "maid" Gracie, the golden retriever. Because I didn't watch all of the site vids, I didn't realize that Gracie had passed away.

Here's her "Dad's" tribute video to her. I'm not crazy about some of the tricks he made her do (would you want to start eating then be told to "drop it?" I don't think so). But it's clear that there was great love between guardian and pet (Yes, I said guardian, I don't believe it's our place to "own" animals.) We are here to offer them love, companionship and a good life, a simple idea that seems lost on many.

Here's to you sweet Grace. I hope you are up there "cleaning house" and having a ball. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment