Wednesday 18 April 2012

Two accomplishments and some really weird clothes...

I'm really proud of myself. A few days ago, I got a hankering for some fresh cut fries and knowing I couldn't get out to get them, I decided to haul my deep fryer out of the deep freeze. (I store it in the freezer) I haven't had the thing out in at least a decade because the truth is, I'm terribly afraid of getting burned and the idea of hot oil splattering all over me because I can't move away fast enough, is NOT appealing. I did okay. Mom had bought a fifteen pound bag of potatoes and each one was a monster. I took some of the peel off, cut them super thick, and hoped for the best as I threw them into the bubbling pot. I did manage to keep a fair distance away, so no serious burns.

The fries were to die for, tasting just like my favourite fry place. I thought they might be oily but the extra virgin olive oil I threw them in seemed to be the right choice as I hardly needed to touch them with a paper towel when they came out. I pre-cooked the potatoes a bit since they were so big (6 minutes in the microwave for 3) and I think that was key because I was able to cut down on frying time. Tender inside, crispy outside and each one was a different colour/shape. I was so excited about really liking them. I thought the whole thing was going to be a colossal fail.

I'm not going to rush to do it again (I still hate dealing with hot/bubbling oil but it was nice to know that I can do it.

Same goes for getting my wireless netbook hooked up, I finally did it, go me! (And YES, it works!) I was motivated by problems with kijiji (don't ask) so hoping I could solve them, I set about getting this thing set up. Turned out not to be too bad, although my computer tower is now very angled and kind of in my way as I can't get it back underneath the desk. Oh well, I'll live with it.

The clothes part...I was all excited to buy some new shorts, until I saw writing across the butt. What's with that? No thanks, I'll pass. Something about candy no less...Tacky!

No comments:

Post a Comment